On Sunday the 8th of May, thousands of people around the world will take part in a race that runs for those who can’t.
The Wings for Life World Run has a single mission: to raise awareness and funds for spinal cord injury research. The global race, that brings together runners and wheelchair competitors from over 34 countries, starts at exactly the same time all around the world, and the catcher car – the moving finish line – starts half an hour later, chasing the competitors until the last runner is caught.
No Danger Diaries is bringing you the opportunity to join this world run, have some fun and #ShareTheJoy on both a local and global scale. Be the superhero you’ve always wanted to be by downloading the Wings For Life World Run Selfie app and donating to spinal cord injury research. Then join us on Sunday the 8th of May at Sea Point Promenade, where together we’ll Run Like Superheroes and make the difference you’ve always wanted to make!
How it works in 5 easy steps:
- Sign up on the Run Like a Superhero sign up form (Name, Surname, Email address). This will allow us to get in touch with you and supply you with all the information you’ll need to be the superhero you’ve always wanted to be. Follow this link to sign up.
- Download the Wings for Life World Run Selfie App (available on IOS and Android) and donate to make a difference!
- Sign up as a Selfie Runner on the app and join the No Danger Diaries selfie team. You will find us under the ‘Team Runs’ tab on the app.
- Meet the No Danger team at midday onSunday the 8th of May at …. Sea Point Promenade and get ready to Run Like A Superhero… you better be dressed like one too!
- Begin running at13h00 (the exact same time the rest of the world begins the Wings for Life World Run), following the plotted course along the promenade and #ShareTheJoy as a No Danger Superhero.
Some things we think you’ll probably like to know…
* This is a FREE event. All you need to do to participate is follow the simple steps mentioned above.
* We’re trying to get as many differently abled people running this race as possible. We’re bringing some of our wheelchair and blind competitor friends along and would love it if you invited some of yours too! We want to get as many people taking part in this run as possible.
* There is no set distance that has to be run. Simply run as far as you can along the plotted course along the promenade (5 kms in total) or until you are caught by our epic catcher car. Our goal is not how far we can run, but rather how many people we can get running with us!
Together, we’ll #ShareTheJoy with the people who really need it AND be apart of the 8 Wings for Life World Run global phenomenon… all while having fun in true No Danger style!